- Download Snip
- Unzip the .rar file into a directory where you can find it -- I unzipped mine into Program Files/Snip
- Navigate to wherever you unzipped the file, and run Snip.exe
Adding current song to OBS stream
- Open OBS
- Create a new Scene (right click within white Scenes box, choose Add Scene), or left click on an existing scene
- Right click within the white Sources box, and choose Add -> Text
- Enter a name for this Source
- Select Use Text From File (UTF-* or compatible), then click the Browse button
- Find your Snip folder, and choose the .txt file called Snip.txt
- You can customize the font, color, scroll speed, opacity, etc. as well on this screen
- Click OK
- Make sure you have Snip.exe running, then open Spotify and play a song
- Preview your stream, and you should see your current song ticker!
- Make sure it's one of the top most layers, so that it's visible. I use a semi-transparent border in my stream overlay, and position the song ticker on top of that:
And that's about it! If you have any questions, tweet me at @lanceaeby, or leave me a comment on this post. Have a good one!