Rig Runners is a real-time online multiplayer game built in Flash. This project was built by myself, AJ Zozakiewicz, and Jake Wilund as part of a game development class at the University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point. My contributions to the game included working on the Flash Media Server (that handled communication between players), creation of in-game assets, as well as the actual game design & development in ActionScript 3.
Notable aspects of this project:
- My team was the first and only team at UWSP to successfully build a real-time online game in Flash.
- The game pokes fun at big oil companies, fulfilling the requirement for the creation of a "serious game". Renewable resources scatter the map as powerups.
- Up to 4 players can play at once.
- Utilizes the Flixel game engine
- Spritesheets are the center of character movement
- Contains a psuedo game lobby for finding other players